Friday, January 13, 2012

first blog

Silhouette Tree.
Shellman's Bluff, GA by Steph

Hello online world. Its little old me, Stephanie Curtis. I am currently typing while standing up, with my 2 & 1/2 year old daughter, Alexandra (Alex) clinging to my legs, asking me for more animal crackers while her baby brother Ezra naps. So, as you can already guess, this blog will most definitely have sporadic posts. 

Here are my blog goals (Is this common? I have only looked at a handful of blogs)

1. Create a little "memory bank" for my children. I have never been good at keeping diaries. Lets face it, I think I still have some unfinished from 3rd grade. You remember the type, the kind with a lock and key to keep your parents from reading about your most recent playground crush. I can barely keep up with my children's baby books. (Sorry kids!) But, one thing is certain, I have a love affair with photography, so I am awesome at documenting their life in pictures in their online scrapbooks. (I heart you Shutterfly!) The children page is where you will find memories about my babies.

2. Contemplate life.  I love this quote by Eleanor Roosevelt:

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people...

Yes, this directly contradicts my number one, but a blog should not be one dimensional. Being the dork I am, I was a part of my universities' honor program. We were required to read, write, discuss, & learn from the great philosophers of the world. When I was 20, I didn't really think any of the works or manifestos were quite brilliant, but now as a reading adult, I pose the same questions they did. What is the meaning to life? Why are we here? What's on the other side?

3. Share recipes.  I am a mommy after all, one that has to cook, clean, discipline, love. So I hope to post a few recipes I would like to try out and some that are a hit! 

4. Adventures. They are few and far between now, but still there. The little adventrues count now :) (The BIG one's could be just disguised as little ones.)

5. BOOKS! & such. Need I say more?

6. Square Foot Garden attempts!! way back in college I picked up a book about a "new" way to grow all the veggies in 20% the space as a traditional row garden. Lets see if it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment