Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Alex and I created these little sweet heart pops together. I shared them with my girlfriends on Galentine's Day when we met up at Dichickos, an organic Peri-Peri Cafe in Augusta off of Washington Road. I learned Peri-Peri sauce is to South Africa & parts of the world what BBQ sauce is to America.

By Steph's cell

These roses arrived today from my one & only.  He is so cute, orders them online since he worked the evening shift & could not give them to me on Vday in person.


I give Kane almost every year Very Sexy For Him by Victoria Secrets. Its not very special, he just seems to run out about this time every year so it seems fitting. Plus, didn't I hear Valentine's Day is REALLY about the ladies anyway??

by Victoria Secrets

We didn't go out for a sexy dinner or anything since Kane worked the evening shift on the 14th, but we did have a GREAT family outing on the 15th to Columbia, South Carolina's capitol. On the way, we stopped for a buffet lunch at Hudson's Smokehouse in Lexington. Its a true Southern BBQ joint, with many accolades for being the best of the best. They like to say, "Taste the South in your Mouth!" I am not a buffet lover, but who can pass up all you can eat pulled pork, beans, greens, & banana pudding?

When we arrived at noon, the restaurant was slammed. No wonder, I could practically smell the heavenly meat a mile away. For eight bucks each, Kane & I loaded up our plates while Alex ate for free. Little Ezra turned 9 months old the same day, and he was belly up to the table eating crackers & yogurt drops. Not long after I started eating, Ezra kept eyeing my plate full of southern love. So, I scooped him some un-sauced pulled pork and some corn fritters. What happened next was so amazingly great. Ezra turned into a wild animal and devoured all the pork I put in front of him. He would take handfuls and shovel it in his mouth! Kane & I could not believe our picky eater was actually eating! I honestly think he could eat the men out for lunch sitting at the table next to us under the table! I was very impressed. Then he followed it with a big ol portion of banana pudding. I explained to Kane I plan on catering Hudson's Smokehouse every week, just feed Ezra a few times a week some succulent pork. All in all, the comfort food was amazing & we plan on going back again one day.

Next stop, the South Carolina State Museum in Columbia. We planned to check out some of neat exhibits housed in the historic 1893 Columbia Mill textile building, the "biggest artifact. Overall, the museum was fun, but it got a little boring after so, so, so many history exhibits.

Shark Attack!!!

Digging for dino fossils

lounging on the "sack"


STILL lounging on the sack! Kane desperately begged for one...but where would it  fit in our little home?


To the Moon!!


Tree House for the Monkey








No comments:

Post a Comment